- Eastern and Southern African Regions: (25 to 29 July 2022, Kigali, Rwanda)
- North, Central and Western African Regions: (22 to 26 August 2022, Saly, Senegal)
The African Civil Aviation Commission (AFCAC) in collaboration with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) within the context of institutional support being provided by the African Development Bank (AfDB) for the operationalization and implementation of the Single African Air Transport Market (SAATM) is organizing Capacity Building Workshops on Economic Regulation of Air Transport in Africa.
The Workshops are scheduled from 25 to 29 July 2022 for Eastern and Southern Regions and 22 to 26 August, 2022 (to be hosted by the Rwanda Civil Aviation Authority in Kigali, Rwanda) and for North, Central and Western Regions to be hosted by AFCAC at its Headquarters in Dakar, Senegal.
The workshop will consider:
- ICAO’s policies in the air transport field/Introduction & State of the industry;
- Process, structure and key issues of national regulation;
- Process, structure and key issues at the bilateral/regional level;
- Process, structure and key issues at the multilateral level;
- Specific regulatory issues:
a) Market access
b) Air carrier ownership and control
c) Airline business practices
d) Air transport connectivity and competition
e) Subsidies and other assistance for assurance of services
f) Slot allocation and night curfew
g) Passenger issues (Consumer Protection)
6. Air Cargo;
7. Economic Oversight on Airports; and
8. Policies on charges and taxes.
The workshop will:
- Share experiences in the regulation of air transport based on experience from the RECs and the selected Member States;
- Present update on the operationalization of the Executing Agency and the approved Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for tracking the implementation of the YD;
- Highlight the Prioritized Joint Action Plan on establishment of SAATM and sustainable development of air transport; and
- Provide information on the technical assistance programs to States on enhancement of effective implementation (EI) of SARPs on safety and aviation security to the Global and Regional Targets.
The following entities will be invited to participate in the workshop:
- Member States/CAAs Experts in charge of air transport regulation;
- Representatives of the Regional Economic Communities (RECs);
- Representatives of Airlines of the Regional Economic Communities,
- Representatives of Ministries in charge of Air Transport.
Registration link: https://forms.office.com/r/zukDjvzwHP
Country Information Information Bulletin Rwanda - Kigali (pdf)
Country Information Information Bulletin SENEGAL - Saly (pdf)