The AFI-CIS program includes Personnel Licensing - Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) who are qualified to offer specific and detailed technical assistance in the audit area of “PEL.” Technical assistance is available in the following critical elements of a safety oversight system:-
- CE 1 (Legislation- (limited to recommended legislative text only));
- CE 2 (Specific Operating Regulations-(limited to recommended regulatory text only));
- CE 4 (OJT to national inspectors);
- CE 5 (limited to Technical guidance material);
- CE 6 (Certification);
- CE 7 (Surveillance); &
- CE 8 (Resolution of Safety Concerns).
Specific assistance in “Personnel Licensing” is conducted consistent with the AFI-CIS MOU and it includes the following tasks:-
- Recommend amendments to Legislation and Specific Operating Regulations;
- Perform certification and surveillance tasks of Aviation Training Organizations;
- Conduct audits of past certification and surveillance activities;
- Assist Member States during the preparation of Compliance Checklist for ICAO Annexes and CMA Protocol Questions including uploading of compliance data on the CMA online framework;
- Recommend procedures and checklists for surveillance of Licensing (g. pilots, cabin crew, dispatchers etc);
- Licensing of Dispatchers, Dangerous Goods handlers etc.