The AFI-CIS program includes Operations Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) who are qualified to offer specific and detailed technical assistance in the audit area of “OPS.” Technical assistance is available in the following critical elements of a safety oversight system:-
- CE 1 (Legislation- (limited to recommended legislative text only));
- CE 2 (Specific Operating Regulations-(limited to recommended regulations text only));
- CE 4 (OJT to national inspectors);
- CE 5 (limited to Technical guidance material);
- CE 6 (Certification);
- CE 7 (Surveillance); &
- CE 8 (Resolution of Safety Concerns).
Specific assistance in “Operations” is conducted consistent with the AFI-CIS MOU and it includes the following tasks:-
- Recommend amendments to Legislation and Specific Operating Regulations;
- Perform certification and surveillance tasks of air operators and general aviation operations;
- Type Acceptance of new aircraft;
- Conduct audits of past certification and surveillance activities;
- Assist Member States during the preparation of Compliance Checklist for ICAO Annexes and CMA Protocol Questions including uploading of compliance data on the CMA online framework;
- Recommend procedures and checklists for surveillance of Licensing (g. pilots, cabin crew, dispatchers etc);
- Certification for Safe Transportation of Dangerous Goods.