The Secretariat through the OLA has always urged on Member States to sign and ratify or accede to the following International Air Law Instruments among others to below:
- Convention on the Suppression of Unlawful Acts relating to International Civil Aviation done at Beijing, 10 September 2010 (Beijing Convention of 2010)) – new and emerging threats to civil aviation
- Protocol Supplementary to the Convention for the Suppression of Unlawful Seizure of aircraft done at Beijing 10 September 2010 (Beijing protocol of 2010)
- The Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment and Protocol to the Convention on Matters Specific to Aircraft Equipment - Cape Town 2009 – (The Cape Town Instruments)
- Convention for Damage to Third Parties Resulting from Acts of Unlawful Interference involving aircraft (Terrorist) 2009
- Convention on Compensation for Damage caused by Aircraft to Third Parties (General Risks) 2009
- Convention for the Unification of certain Rules for International Carriage by Air (Montreal Convention 1999)
The status of signature and ratification of each AFCAC member State relative to the above Treaties can be verified on the ICAO website www.icao.int/treaties/status.
The Legal Advisor has also compiled a ratification status of each AFCAC member State in respect of the above International Air Law Instruments.