Addis-Ababa / ETHIOPIA
Lagos / NIGERIA
The African Civil Aviation Commission (AFCAC) in collaboration with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the African Development Bank (AfDB) is organizing Capacity Building Workshops on Economic Oversight and Regulation for Sustainable Development of Air Transport in Africa.
The objectives of the Capacity Building Workshop are to:
- Sensitize Member States through regional workshops, to adopt and implement ICAO’s policies on economic regulations of airport and air navigation services on aeronautical charges;
- Address concerns on the practice of unilateral imposition of taxes on international air transport services by some States without due regard to relevant ICAO’s guidelines;
- Advocate for States to remove all government taxes on air transport passengers
- Advocate for States to adopt ICAO’s policies on user charges, including consultationwith users;
- Appreciate the adverse effect of exorbitant taxes on international airtransport and the need to comply with ICAO’s guidelines and policies on taxation of air transportation;
- Enhance expertise on economic oversight of airports and ANSPs
- Develop recommendations on a continental action plan to address high taxes, charges and fees on air transport.
The expected participants are Member States’ Directors General of Civil Aviation Authorities, Airport Authorities/Companies and Air Navigation Service Providers; Ministries, Departments and State Agencies responsible for taxes and charges; Experts from Civil Aviation Authorities in charge of air transport regulation.
Prospective participants are hereby invited to complete their registration forms online while member States are also requested to extend this invitation to Agencies responsible for taxes and charges in their respective countries and to encourage their participation.
- Concept Note (pdf)
- Registration form (pdf)
- Online registration
- Information bulletin (pdf)