The African Civil Aviation Commission (AFCAC) in collaboration with the African Union Commission (AUC) is organizing a capacity-building workshop from 22 – 24 JULY 2019, in Kigali, Rwanda to elaborate on the adopted regulations on the Powers and Functions of the Executing Agency, Competition and Consumer Protection Regulations. The workshop will also provide opportunity to offer an update on the Dispute Settlement Mechanism Regulations currently being drafted as well as share experiences on air transport regulations by RECs, Member States and similar regional commissions.
The workshop is open to all senior aviation officials, airlines and Experts responsible for air transport regulations at national and RECs level.
- Introduction to Air Transport Regulation and Smarter Regulations (IATA)
- African Air Transport Executing Agency (AFCAC)
- SAATM Implementation of Concrete Measures (AFCAC)
- Economic Benefits & Challenges of Liberalization of Air Transport Servicies in Africa (Rwanda)
- Consumer Protection Regulations (Kofi Henaku)
- Competition Regulations (Kofi Henaku)
- Economic Regulation of International Air Transport (ICAO)
- ICAO Core Principles on Consumer Protection (ICAO)
- Competition Regulations 2 (kofi Henaku)
- East African Community Presentation (EAC)
- Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Presentation (KCAA)
- Aviation Consumer Protection in Tanzania (TCAA)
- YD RuleMaking (Kofi Henaku)
- Dispute Settlement Mechanism for YD and SAATM (Kofi Henaku)