The African Civil Aviation Commission (AFCAC) in collaboration with the African Union Commission (AUC), and the Government of the Republic of Niger is organising a Capacity Building Workshop on dissemination of the Yamoussoukro Decision Regulatory texts for the Central, Western and Northern Member States belonging to ECCAS, ECOWAS and UMA Regional Economic Communities (RECs).
The Workshop, which is scheduled from 25th to 27th November 2019 in Niamey-Niger, is in response to the Decision establishing the Single African Air Transport Market (SAATM), a key AU Agenda 2063 flagship project[ Assembly/AU/Dec.665 (XXX)]. The Decision requests the AUC to undertake Capacity Building of Member States and RECs on application of Yamoussoukro Decision (YD) institutional and regulatory Texts.
The YD instruments which also constitute the regulatory framework of the SAATM, are:
(i) Powers and Functions of the Executing Agency (EA),
(ii) Competition Regulations,
(iii)Consumer protection Regulations, and
(iv) Dispute Settlement Mechanism which is currently at advanced stage of elaboration.
The workshop is open to all senior aviation officials and experts of Member States of the Central, Western and Northern Africa regions, Regional Economic Communities (ECCAS, ECOWAS and UMA) and other industry stakeholders in the indicated regions.
- Presentation of the Executing Agency (AFCAC)
- SAATM Implementation of Concrete Measures (AFCAC)
- Consumer Protection Regulations (Kofi Henaku)
- Competition Regulations (Kofi Henaku)
- Economic Regulation of International Air Transport (ICAO)
- ICAO Core Principles on Consumer Protection (ICAO)
- YD Organs
- Introduction to Air Transport Regulation (IATA)
- Consumer Protection Regulations (Nigeria)
- Ecowas Competition Regulation (ERCA)