The African Civil Aviation Commission (AFCAC) wishes to announce, in line with the AFCAC Constitution and Service Code, that the vacancy hereunder will be available at its Headquarters based in Dakar, Senegal:
- D/2018/02 SECRETARY-GENERAL
The Commission encourages all interested persons to forward their applications directly to AFCAC using any of the following:
➢ Fax number: +221 33 820 70 18
➢ Address: Route de l’Aéroport Léopold Sedar Senghor
BP 8898 Dakar
The deadline for receiving applications is 2 July, 2018
Please note that:
- AFCAC may decide at any time not to continue with the recruitment process regarding the position.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered;
- Applications not submitted in accordance with the indicated format may also be rejected;
- Applications submitted electronically should be in Word or PDF format;
- Suitably qualified African women are strongly encouraged to apply;
- Only applicants who are under serious consideration will be contacted and interviewed;
- AFCAC will not respond to queries regarding information on the status of the vacancies.
DURATION OF APPOINTMENT
Appointment will be on a term of three (3) years renewable once only for a further term of three (3) years
OBLIGATIONS AND PRIVILEGES
The Secretary-General and all other AFCAC staff members are international civil servants subject to the authority of the Plenary and the Bureau.
The Secretary General and AFCAC staff members are expected to conduct themselves in a manner befitting their status as international civil servants.
The Benefits of the Secretary General and AFCAC Staff members will be those included in the Seat Agreement between AFCAC and the Host State (Senegal).
CLASSIFICATION OF POSTS AND STAFF
The classification of posts and Staff will be in accordance with the AFCAC Service Code.
SALARIES AND ALLOWANCES
The salaries will be in accordance with the AFCAC Service Code. The allowances will also be in accordance with the AFCAC Service Code.